Tuesday 17 September 2013

About this blog - 10

Judging by the responses to the last update, I do not think anyone believes that the situation in EG-IT is ever going to improve.  Indeed, the consensus supports a continuation of the downward trend.

This is hardly surprising.  The business model is flawed, the management is devoid of the necessary experience and skills and the culture of the department is cemented in fear.

It has been suggested that, to be fair to prospective EG-IT candidates, the emiratesgroupcareers website should carry a link to my blog, so that victims of the NAIF process will not be surprised when the suffering begins.  But this is not necessary.  Those interested in the advertised opportunities will discover all they need to know about Patrick Naef and his behaviours as soon as they start their research.  I have had a number of enquiries asking for advice.  Finding my blog is not difficult, in fact some regular readers access it by just searching ‘Patrick Naef’!

There is one very important aspect of this blog which I feel strongly about.  I clarified it right at the start but I think it’s about time I repeated it . . .

The blog is open and honest.  If anyone has a problem with what I write, at their request I will publish their concerns without edit.  If anyone wants evidence to support what I have written, I will provide it.  I will not publish any comments made about my blog unless specifically asked to do so and then only if the author agrees to be identified.

It is worth noting that I have only once received a request to publish a comment.  This came from someone who has never been mentioned - either directly or indirectly - in the blog.  Before publishing the comment, I made a final check for confirmation that the individual still wanted it included.  I did not receive a reply, so I did not publish it.

In this blog I have explained in detail the actions of, and comments made by, Gary Chapman, Nigel Hopkins, Malini Johnson, Patrick Naef and Sophia Panayiotou and they have always had, and will continue to have, an unconditional right of reply here.  Given the care that I have taken for accuracy, the fact that not one of them has challenged anything that I have written is not at all a surprise to me.

The next update will appear on 27 September 2013 when I will attempt to answer the question many of you have asked me - ‘how much longer should I put up with this?’.

The blog has now been visited a total of 35,223 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment